Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Weight Loss Questions * Losing weight the brain safe way? < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joyce May
Username: berrycatfilter

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 - 04:16 pm:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

okay, I ask this question.. the brain safe way.. because i'd like to know how many people are on the low calorie diet.. instead of the nocarb.. the carb thing makes my brain hurt.. I consider myself a decently smart person.. but the no carb diet makes little to no sense to me.. Ive decided i have needed to change my ways.. because at the beginning of my relationship with my husband.. i weighed 120 pounds.. at 5'6".. over the past two years i have gained weight considerably.. I went to the doctor not too long ago.. and.. i was 160.. never in my life did I ever think that I would reach this weight... and its crazy because at 120 pounds.. I didnt like myself.. I thought I was too chunky.. yada yada.. and now my husband makes me feel so much better about myself.. i knew I was gaining weight.. going to bigger sizes and all.. but I still looked in the mirror and didnt hate it.. but this time.. when i stepped on the scale i was shocked and realized that its great that im growing more content with myself.. but im not healthy at this weight.. im not as active as I use to be.. and just because im content.. doesnt mean i have to quit trying.. I dont have an ideal weight to get down too.. I guess because Im not that upset about it yet.. i do know I want to lose some weight.. get rid of my little tummy.. but overall.. just get healthy again.. I havent minded some of the weight.. because its went into alot of areas that i feel like i needed a bit of something.. like my butt.. what was previously non existent.. is now there.. and my breasts..were never small.. but they are bigger now too.. so i enjoy the curviness of those areas.. but.. dont want the poochy stomach to go with them.. and im so afraid of losing my butt.. i want to keep those curves so I dont really know if im going about everything in the right way.. I am doing more cardio now.. which use to be an every day thing for me.. such a long time ago.. and Im hoping that if i build up enough muscle in my butt.. that even if I do lose the weight.. i'll still have something in the back of me.. so I've been doing squats and lunges.. ive been doing weight training for everything else.. and ive cut down on my calories.. whereas i use to drink in.. probably well over 1000 calories a day with just sodas.. im only drinking diet drinks and water.. and keeping my calorie intake to around 1200.. sometimes i go over that.. but never over 1500.. and its weird because im not hungry all the time.. because you can get GOOD foods.. with less calories..than say a honey bun.. so the quantity of my food hasnt really gone down.. but the quality has gone up.. allowing me to eat and feel full..and eat less calories.. has anyone had a good experience with the low calorie thing.. I do want to make it my lifestyle again.. i want to get more tone..and be healthier overall.. am i going about it the right way? I am also keeping a diary of everything I consume.. and all the excercise im doing.. so if this isnt working.. i guess in a substantial amount of time i'll be able to analyze my data..and try to correct whats wrong..

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Options: Enable HTML code in message

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information