Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile Member List Register  
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Health And Fitness Forums * Weight Loss Questions * Pounds vs. BF% < Previous Next >

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Unregistered guest

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 12:33 am:   View Post/Check IP    Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just a question..

Here on this site I see a lot of worry over actual pounds. Why? People have different bodies, so how is everyone that is 6' have to weigh about 190lbs according to the BMI chart. Being a former hardcore body builder I was, during competition, 6'tall, 235lbs but with only a 7% body fat reading. According to the BMI chart I was obese!

Healthy average BF% for males is 10-12%..why not strive for this vs. the almightly actual poundage?

If a person feels the need to conform to the "National Average Charts" why not the fitness chart?

I forgot where I read it (years ago) but for example: a 30yr old male should be-

10-12% body fat
run a 10 min mile
40 push ups in 1 minute
40 sit ups in 1 minute
bench press 80% of his body weight ect...

Why not strive for these types of norms?

PS- posted for a lively debating forum..not to bash.

Add Your Message Here
Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Options: Enable HTML code in message

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration

Bodybuilding Supplements Low Carb Diet Fitness Software Health Information Diet Pill Reviews Weight Loss Supplement Calories and Fat Supplement TGNC Search Engine Dieting Information